POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Bug in the installler [Win] : Re: Bug in the installler [Win] Server Time
30 Jul 2024 18:21:13 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Bug in the installler [Win]
From: Chris Cason
Date: 18 Oct 2001 13:22:04
Message: <3bcf0fbc@news.povray.org>
> I first installed beta 4 on this machine, and installed it off the root of the D
> drive.  Every subsequent install of a new beta has filled in "d:\\POV-Ray for
> Windows 3.5" for me.  The first time (beta 5) I questioned it but tried it

This is very strange - I default the location to %PROGRAM_FILES%\POV-Ray blah blah.
The only way the above could happen is if your system thinks that the default
'Program Files' directory is 'd:\'. And that could only happen if you have modified
it from the default (%PROGRAM_FILES% refers to the registry; this is a system-wide
setting not specific to POVWIN).

The installer does not ask the registry where the last version was installed so it's
not getting it from there.

-- Chris